Thursday, September 6, 2012

Book Review: Batman The Dark Knight Vol 1


Book: Batman: The Dark Knight vol #1: Golden Dawn written and illustrated by David Finch with additional illustration by Jason Fabok

Rating: 4 stars

My Review:

Batman: The Dark Knight, Vol 1: The Early Dawn by David Finch features issues #1-5 of the series before it was rebooted. The story follows Batman (Bruce Wayne) as he tries to find one of his old childhood friends who was abducted. However along the way he comes up against Killer Croc, The Penguin, Etrigan and more. Nothing goes easy for The Dark Knight in this story but he wouldn't be Batman if he wanted the easy life.

I found the story to be dark and creepy but was well written and entertaining. It made me wish this storyline had not ended. I would have liked to see what was going to happen next. I also really liked the artwork as well. 

No comments: