Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Review: I, Spy?


Book: I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries book #1) by Kate Johnson

Rating: 2 stars

My Review:

I thought I, Spy? by Kate Johnson was okay it wasn't the worst but it also wasn't the best. I found it hard to believe that the main character Sophie Green was hired on as a secret agent. What were her qualifications besides her looks because she was lacking intelligence as well as common sense. The rare moments when she actually used her brain felt like the author included them so Sophie wouldn't be seen as a complete idiot.

Despite Sophie's constant inner monologue that she was a strong, independent woman she was constantly acting like a damsel in distress. She was always doing something stupid and getting herself in trouble then wishing that the other secret agent Luke Sharpe (who is also Sophie's some what love interest in this book) would come and save her.

The only way I would read the second book is if Sophie is really written as a smart and strong character.

No comments: