Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: Justice League of America #1


Book: Justice League of America issue #1 by Geoff Johns

Rating: 4 stars

My Review:

So far this seems promising but I am starting to get a little tired of the government built teams and conspiracies that are running throughout the new 52. I am glad that it's Steve Trevor that will be guiding the team. I always thought he was a great character and I hope he continues to be shown in a good way. However, I didn't like the idea of Amanda Waller using the photo of Superman and Wonder Woman kissing as a motivator to get Steve to go along with forming this anti-Justice League. It felt like just another way to showcase that gimmicked fueled relationship.

Perhaps after they are through with the faux-mance between Superman and Wonder Woman the DC Comics executives will see that Diana and Steve should be together romantically. Okay, back to the review. So this new team will feature: Catwoman, Martian Manhunter, Vibe, Katana, Green LanternHawkman, Star Girl and Green Arrow. The first issue was just a way to introduce the characters to the reader just incase you're not reading the individual comics that feature some of the characters.

I thought this was pretty good for the first issue and will give the series a chance. Hopefully the writing will continue to be good. The only thing that did sort of annoy me was the way Amanda Waller was shown. I miss the pre-52 Amanda Waller, this version doesn't have any of her intimidation factor or seem very authoritative.

So, I will say I actually look forward to the next issue.

No comments: