Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Review: Through The Looking Glass


Sunday evening, I signed up for Twitter. I thought I would give it a try, I'm not a huge social media person but I'll see how it goes. I just might like it.

Book: Through the Looking Glass (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland book #2) by Lewis Carroll

Description:

The famous sequel to Alice in Wonderland. Alice finds herself yet again in a topsy-turvy world full of fascinating and funny characters, moving her way around a chess board world to try and get back home. Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. Hesperides Press are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.



Rating: 3 stars

My Review:

I thought the sequel was good but it just wasn't as good as Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. When Alice ventured through the looking glass I thought there would be some mention of her previous adventure in Wonderland. Perhaps as time went on, she forgot about it and it become nothing more than a dream to her.

Through the Looking Glass had Alice adventuring through what I guessed to be a chess board. Along the way she met various creatures and crazy royalty. The Red Queen was even more obnoxious than in the first but at least she wasn't trying to behead everyone.

I think this is still a fun book to read especially if you enjoy crazy whimsical books.

No comments: