Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Review: The Meanest Doll in the World


Book: The Meanest Doll in the World (Doll People book #2) by Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin with Illustrations by Brian Selznick

Rating: 4 stars

My Review:

I finished this wonderful little book last night. This was so funny and very smart. I love how the authors gave the reader a doll's view of the world. I also thought the artwork that was throughout the book was great and it also enhanced the story. This was truly a fantastic book.

The story focused on mainly two dolls, Annabelle and Tiffany, who after exploring the attic with Annabelle's aunt ended up hiding away in Kate's backpack to avoid being noticed by Kate (one of the human girls) and then were taken to school.

Once at school they embark on one adventure after another until they climbed into the wrong backpack and end up in another kid's home. This mistake brings them into contact with Princess Mimi or as the other dolls at the house call her Mean Mimi.

I have to say for a children's book, it was exciting and filled with interesting twists and suspense. I wanted to know what Mimi was up to next and how they were going to stop her. She was truly a menace to all the dolls.

After reading this, I am really interesting in reading the other two books in the series.

No comments: