Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book Review: The Miracle at Speedy Motors


Book: The Miracle at Speedy Motors (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency #9) by Alexander McCall Smith

Rating: 4 1/2 stars

My Review:

I love reading the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency books because of the amazing characters and interesting mysteries. In The Miracle at Speedy Motors, Detective Precious Ramotswe and her assistant Grace Makutsi were working on several cases including trying to help a woman who believed she was adopted to locate any family she may have.

Along side the main story were a few secondary stories: Grace Makutsi and the destruction of a new bed that she and her fiance had ordered, Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni (Detective Ramotswe's husband) trying to find a medical break through for their foster daughter Motheloli who is confined to a wheel chair and someone was sending threatening letters to the ladies at the detective agency.

I found the ninth book to be funny, heartwarming and well written. The character development really drives these books and I love how each character has their own personalities and quirks. I really enjoy reading this series. Although I have not read the books in order I find that they are written in a way to keep new reader informed without slowing down the pace of the book.

No comments: