Monday, April 22, 2013

Book Review: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring


Book: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Book #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien

Rating: 4 1/2 stars

My Review:

Frodo is undergoing one dangerous adventure that I would not wish to take on that's for sure. Despite being small, I found Frodo to be rather brave to undertake such a task.

I really enjoyed reading this book because you got a real tale that felt like something old and long ago. I also like that you never were quite sure what was going to happen next even among the group that Frodo was traveling in.

Throughout this story you got to know quite a lot of interesting characters such as Bilbo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Sam and Legolas. I thought the author did a great job of giving all of the different characters distinct personalities.

This book ended on a cliffhanger but it also left me eager to read the second book. Modern fantasy adventure writers should give credit or thanks to J.R.R. Tolkien for creating such a vivid and interesting tale and that's only the first book. I really look forward to reading the remainder two books.

No comments: