Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Review: The Amazing Spider-Man #3


Book: The Amazing Spider-Man issue #3 written by Stan Lee with art by Steve Ditko

Rating: 3 stars

My Review:

This issue featured the first full length Spider-Man story. I thought the story was good it just felt a little flat. Peter lost his confidence after he was defeated the first time he went up against Doctor Octopus then he decided to give up being Spider-Man. It wasn't until he went to school the following day that he heard Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) from The Fantastic Four encouraging speech to the students that he decided to give it another try at defeating Doc Ock.

When Spider-Man tracked down the doctor, he used a combination of brain and brawn to defeat him. But what really took down the doctor was a simple punch. Like I said, I thought this was good but it just wasn't as exciting as the previous two issues of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Something else I found interesting, Doc Ock calling Spider-Man "Super Man". I wonder if that was a mistake or done on purpose.

Overall, it was a good issue, I just wish it was a little better.

No comments: