Thursday, May 2, 2013

Book Review: Reel Murder


Book: Reel Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #2) by Mary Kennedy

Rating: 4 stars

My Review:

I love reading these cozy mysteries because they are fast paced plus you get a good dose of humor along with a good mystery. I found the main character Dr. Maggie Walsh a radio psychologist to be likeable and smart. Like with most cozy mysteries Maggie was surrounded by a cast of interesting characters such as her mom Lola who's an actress, her roommate Lark, the handsome detective Rafe Martino and her production manager Vera.

In this second book, Maggie found herself working as a script consultant for the movie her mother was working on. The mystery in this book centered on the movie because someone killed the leading lady. Maggie deciding to investigate has her in the line of fire not only from the murderer but also by  detective Martino.

I enjoyed this book because not only was it funny but I also didn't quite know what was going to happen. I like that there were a lot of suspects but not so many you lost count. They each had a motive and it was interesting trying to decide who was the potential killer. This was a nice light mystery that had me zipping through the pages. Sometimes you just need a fun book to read and I really enjoyed this.

No comments: