Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Review: The Cinderella Pact


Book: The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer

Source: Library

Rating: 2 stars (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I rarely ever say this but the movie (titled Lying to be Perfect) was better than the book. This started out fairly good but I started to get tired of the main character Nola Devlin's stupid antics. She nearly burned down her apartment because she was too busy checking e-mail and voice messages for her alter-ego Belinda Apple. Nola is supposed to be this smart character but you really don't see it and all she ever does is lie. I found her to be annoying as well as her two friends.

What I would really like, is to find a chicklit where the main character isn't pathetic or an idiot. So far I have only come across a few books that have been like that.

This isn't a poorly written book, I just didn't enjoy the plot (which was quickly diminishing the more I read) and the characters. Tired of reading this anymore, I just stopped. Why waste time on a bad book, right?

No comments: