Saturday, June 8, 2013

Book Review: Huntress: Cry for Blood


Book: "Huntress: Cry for Blood" written by Greg Rucka with illustrations by Rick Burkett and Terry Beatty

Rating: 5 stars

Review:

I read the six single issues instead of the trade edition.

All I can say, is that they don't write comics like this anymore. The story was complex and very well written. It had me wanting to know what was going to happen next. In this story the Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) was being accused of murder which had both the Gotham City Police and Batman on her trail.

I thought the secondary story focusing on Helena's backstory in Sicily was interesting, it showed how she got started. There was a very intricate plot going on which perfectly connected the main and secondary story. The ending really surprised me, that's for sure.

What I like about this story was you got to know a lot about Helena and her family and saw what made her into who she was.

I had heard good reviews for this and they were truly right about this. I'm glad I read this and if you're a Helena Bertinelli fan, you might want to read this as well if you haven't already.

No comments: