Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review for Read-a-thon: On Strike for Christmas


Book: On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts

Source: Library

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

This was really funny and had me in the holiday spirit despite it being summer. The story centered around a group of women who were fed up with doing everything for the holidays without getting any help from their husbands. To teach their husbands a lesson they decide to go on strike.

This was a light-hearted fast paced book with a lot of funny moments and I found the characters to be interesting. There were also recipes included at the end of the book. This was a very good read but I think what stopped me from giving this 5 stars was I didn't feel like the men actually understood that doing all of those chores wasn't women's work. Even in the end they still didn't understand and it would have been nice if the author had not continuously wrote how the chores were only things women did or simply enjoyed doing.

Anyway, since I'm now finished with my Book Girl read-a-thon and after completing two of them back to back I'm going to take a mini reading break for the day. I'll probably start reading something new tomorrow, I might even find something interesting at the library after I return the books.

No comments: