Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Review: The Princess Bride


Book: The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Source: Library

Rating: 5 stars

Review:

I was able to finish this by having a marathon reading session whenever I had the time. I found it interesting that there actually wasn't an original book by S. Morgenstern (yes, I did a little research and found no trace of a book or any book by S. Morgenstern), that was very clever of Mr. Goldman.

The Princess Bride was very funny but also had a slightly dark story to it. This was an action and adventure book for sure. I loved every minute of it. The romance between Buttercup and Westley was charming as well.

I found the characters to be different, case in point were the bad guys really bad or just victims of circumstance. Because it's hard not to feel sorry for Fezzik and Inigo. I quite enjoyed the surprised twists that came about during the story. It was truly unexpected and made the story even more interesting.

I'm glad I read this, it was a wonderful fairy tale.

No comments: