Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Book Review: Johannes Cabal The Necromancer


Book: Johannes Cabal The Necromancer (Johannes Cabal book #1) by Jonathan L. Howard

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

I thought this was quite funny to be such a dark story. Johannes Cabal, tired of no longer not having his soul, took a trip to visit Satan to get it back. Satan being Satan, not willing to just give the soul back took up Cabal's wager to retrieve it. The bet was that in order for Cabal to get his soul back he had to exchange 100 souls for his own.

Surprisingly, Johannes got a little help from Satan, the use of a traveling circus to help with his mission. Not knowing the first thing in running a circus, Johannes talked his brother Horst into helping him. Horst turned out to be more than the average human as with the rest of Johannes' circus crew.

Along the way there were mishaps and other things to hinder Johannes' task. I found this to be an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading the second book.

There was a scene near the end of the book with Horst that had me wondering if he will appear in the sequel or if what I read is what really happened. I guess I will have to wait and see. I hope he appears in the sequel, I rather liked that character.

No comments: