Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book Review: Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood: Wanted


Book: Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood Trilogy book #2: Wanted  (issues #1-5) by Pat Shand with illustrations by Larry Watts and cover art by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau

Source: Borrowed from publisher/Netgalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Rating: 5 stars

Review:

Don't you just hate it when a really good book ends on a cliffhanger. This was great. I thought the writing was stellar and I love the action packed artwork.

The story finds Robyn dealing with her life sometime after returning back to Earth after taking out King John in the mystical world. Back there the people considered Robyn a hero, however on Earth, Robyn's life is anything but heroic. She's sought by the police for murder and arson. Meanwhile, back in the mystical realm, the once free citizens of the newly named Nottingham are dealing with the return of Guy of Gisbourne who has devised a plan to ruin Robyn.

I like that there were a lot of interesting characters in this including the Merry Men and Maid Marian. I found the villains seem to have a Lex Luthor complex, where they believe everything they do is good and those who try to stop them or oppose them are the ones who are wrong.

This is truly a wonderful take on the Robin Hood story. I would definitely like to read more from this series. I have to see if my local comic book store carries this because I want to know what's going to happen and how Robyn is going to fix everything, if she can.

No comments: