Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Book Review: My Own Worst Frenemy


Book: My Own Worst Frenemy (Langdon Prep book #1) by Kimberly Reid

Source: Library

Description:

Chanti Evans tries to balance school life, boys, and solving mysteries all while attending Langdon Prep.

With barely a foot in the door, fifteen-year-old Chanti gets on the bad side of school queen bee Lissa and snobbish Headmistress Smythe. They've made it their mission to take Chanti down and she needs to find out why, especially when stuff begins disappearing around campus, making her the most wanted girl in school, and not in a good way. But the last straw comes when she and her Langdon crush, the seriously hot Marco Ruiz, are set up to take the heat for a series of home burglaries--and worse. . .



Rating: 2 stars (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I found this to be such a slow moving story that I found myself not too eager to return to it. I read a third of the book and still the mystery had yet to start. Even though I thought this was a nice book it was just moving far too slow for me that I lost interest.

The story is about Chantal Evans who is attending Langdon Prep, an ultra exclusive school because her mother, an undercover vice cop decided to send Chantal there to keep her safe (due to an incident that happened over the summer).

I did like the main character Chantal, she was smart and a little awkward around her crush Marco but she was good at picking up on clues and noticing things. And she's a total bookworm.

An interesting main character is not a enough to help a boring book. Again, I like the book, just wish it had been more engaging.

No comments: