Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book Review: On Pins and Needles

On Pins and Needles (Sew Zoey, #2)

Book: On Pins and Needles (Sew Zoey book #2) by Chloe Taylor with illustrations by Nancy Zhang and cover art by Laura Roode

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

As my second book I read for the new year, I'm glad I chose this. These fashion books are such fun to read. Even though I'm not the target market (tweens), I still enjoyed reading this. It has a good story and interesting characters.

In this fashionable sequel, Zoey enters a really big fashion competition where she needed to design and sew an outfit in about a week. And to add to that she was having to deal with friendship issues between her and her best friend Kate and later with her friend Libby. As with the first book, Zoey continues to blog about fashion and sewing but this time her dad steps in to monitor her blog just to make sure she's not being too personal (which I think is a good thing the author included).

I like all the characters they're relatable and engaging and you want to know what's going to happen to them. Zoey is such an inspiring character because she doesn't just sit back wishing she could do something she actually takes a chance and goes out there and do it.

I can't wait to read the third book, this series is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

No comments: