Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Read-a-thon book 8 review: Reunion with Death


Book: Reunion with Death by Sheila Connolly

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available Now

Rating: 2 stars (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I really thought this was going to be good read. A mystery set in Italy during a 40th college reunion however it was really boring. The first 50+ pages felt like I was reading someone's beautifully written travel journal. Even though I loved reading about all the amazing sights and artworks that the main character Laura Shumway saw along the way, it left me wondering when the mystery was actually going to start. And when the mystery solving finally got started it moved along at a slow pace.

I found I didn't really care who had killed Professor Anthony Gilbert. I wish the mystery had been as interesting and intriguing as all traveling scenes around Italy. And none of the characters stood out or were interesting and because the characters were not really fleshed out you didn't really get to know who they were.

Sad to say there was nothing that had me willing to continue reading this. I had absolutely no interest in finding out who the killer was. The concept was good but with the slow pace and lack of a mystery it failed to hold my attention.

No comments: