Friday, March 21, 2014

Book Review: Loki: Agent of Asgard #1

Loki Agent Of Asgard #1

Book: Loki: Agent of Asgard #1 by Al Ewing, illustrations by Lee Garbett, color by Nolan Woodard and cover by Jenny Frison

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

I wasn't quite sure how this comic was going to be when Marvel announced that Loki would be getting a new series. At first I thought "hey is this because Tom Hiddleston did such a good job as Loki that Marvel is trying to capitalize on that". Which isn't a bad thing, plus it could possible introduce new readers to comics.

But after reading the first issue I can see the writer did a wonderful job of creating this "new" Loki because this isn't the old Loki at all. He's still full of mischief but now he's shall I say one of the "good" guys but that's only because for every good deed he does for the All-Mother one of his old evil deeds will be wiped from Asguardian memory.

Loki still can't be trusted and I can see possibly down the line, a bit of the old Loki might return. He's just biding his time.

In this first issue, Loki is sent by the All-Mother to help Thor because something evil has been slowly taking over him. Loki true to form (no matter what form he's in) starts a bit of chaos before he does what he's sent to do. After containing the evil, he took it back to the All-Mother but there was something interesting about it.

I thought this was good first issue it was funny and well written and had good artwork. But I kind of miss the evil mischievous Loki and this one reminds me too much of Kid Loki from the Young Avengers series. So, like the horned headband/tiara I will just have to get used it, it's a little weird but so is this Loki.

No comments: