Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review: Dangerous Dream


Book: Dangerous Dream: A Beautiful Creatures Story (Dangerous Creatures book 0.5) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

The #1 New York Times bestselling Beautiful Creatures series continues in this brand-new digital-exclusive story.

Catch up with Ethan, Lena, and Link as they finally graduate from high school and get ready to leave the small Southern town of Gatlin. But when Dark Caster Ridley makes an appearance, the sometime bad girl can't resist picking a fight with her sometime boyfriend, Link. Angry and rebellious as ever, Ridley ends up alone in New York City and becomes entangled in the dangerous underground Caster club scene, where the stakes are high and losers pay the ultimate price.

Where's a Linkubus when you need him?



Rating: 5 stars

Review:

This was really good especially since I have not read anything from this series. However, I do have the first book "Beautiful Creatures" sitting on my shelf and after reading this, it has definitely sparked my interest in wanting to start reading it soon.

I thought this was really well written. It was exciting as well as interesting. And it hooked me as soon as I started reading it. I found the writing easy to follow and gave me information about the characters but also had me wanting to know more.

This short story follows three characters from the series Ethan Wate, Wesley "Link" Lincoln and Ridley Duchannes. With Ethan, Link and Lena Duchannes graduating from high school, the story shows them trying to enjoy the summer. However, Ridley wasn't having a good time after things sort of went wrong with Link romance wise and had her entering a rather risky game.

I have to say, I actually like all the characters and the magical world that the authors created. This was a fun read.

This story was also a prequel for a new "Dangerous Creatures" series. Which, once I get caught up with reading the first series, will be eager to start.

No comments: