Thursday, September 25, 2014

Book Review: I Love You, You Idiot


Book: I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls book #2) by Cathy East Dubowski

Description:

"This doesn't make any sense. This is Dean we're talking about. He's crazy about you. He calls like twenty-five times a day. Have you seen the cover of his notebook? It's one step away from stalker material."

~ Lorelai Gilmore

It is crazy that Dean and I broke up. Things were going great between us. I mean, he tells me he loves me one minute, then the next minute he breaks up with me. My mom thinks I should wallow and stuff my face with junk food, but I'm not so sure that's the answer. And let's face it, when it comes to relationships, my mom doesn't always show the best judgment, especially if my dad's involved. What I really need to do is stay focused and keep busy. After all, I have Harvard to think about, so why waste time crying over a boy? Right?




Rating: 4 1/2 stars

Review:

Reading this was just like watching an episode of "Gilmore Girls". I thought the author did a really good job with keeping the characters in character which can sometimes be a little difficult with media tie-in books. The characters can sometime be a little off.

The story was an adaptation of several episodes but it was told in one seamless story. In this story, Rory's relationship with Dean goes through the ebbs and flows as they figure out the whole romance thing. 


Besides the romance issues, Rory and her mother Lorelie deal with her father Christopher's impromptu visit to Stars Hollow and the drama with her estranged grandparents (her dad's parents) who make an evening at her grandparents (her mom's parents, Emily and Richard) extremely difficult.

This was a really fun read and it showed how interesting these characters are and how wonderful this show was.

No comments: