Saturday, October 18, 2014

Book Review: Scared Scriptless


Book: Scared Scriptless by Alison Sweeney

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Rating: 2 stars (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I am sorry to say that I did not finish this. Especially since it started out really good but then the story became boring and very slow moving. I couldn't connect with either the characters or the story.

At first I liked that the main character Maddy wasn't the typical sort of character but after awhile I felt like there wasn't enough information given about her other than she loves her job as a Script Supervisor, is a Type-A person and is really organized and very efficient. She really doesn't have much of a personality and I also found it unlikely that this handsome actor would be interested in her. 

This story is about Maddy Carson who works as the Script Supervisor on the TV show The Wrong Doctor and she lives by so many rules which includes not dating actors. However, she is currently in a lackluster relationship with one of the company executives Craig Williams. Soon a new actor is cast for the show, Adam Devin who seems to be interested in Maddy but she has no plans in dating him since he's an actor.

What I did like about the story is you can tell the author was very informed with all the behind the scenes stuff (well she is a very popular actress and TV host) and she gave the reader a glimpse at how things work. I found this to be very interesting.

I just wish she made the story as well as Maddy and the other characters more interesting. I really thought this was going to be a fun and interesting read.

No comments: