Thursday, October 23, 2014

Is Star Wars Rebels Worth Watching?


Yesterday, I watched the pilot/movie and all the current episodes for Star Wars Rebels on On Demand and I have to say it's not bad. It may not be Star Wars: The Clone Wars which was amazing and I still don't understand why it was cancelled. That show was great.

Anyway, back to the SWR, this show is good and has potential. Even though I think it may be a little simplistic and predictable at times it's worth checking out even if you are not a huge Star Wars fan.




So, what's this show about? It follows a small band of smugglers/rebels (Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Sabine, Ezra and Chopper the astromech) who are in their own way trying to fight back at the Empire. The group also includes two Jedi: a former Jedi (Kanan) who survived Order 66 and a teen boy (Ezra) who has the potential to be a Jedi.

The group constantly go up against storm troopers and Inquisitors as they attempt to make their way through space acquiring merchandise to sell or to help people in need.

Even though, I still miss the intricate and complex and exciting world of Star Wars: The Clone Wars as well as all the characters this shows doesn't have me upset that it's on. I actually quite enjoyed it but I do wish for more depth and more action and more suspense. There were times when some episodes barely had any action in it. If they could include even one of those ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

So to answer my question, Is Star Wars Rebels Worth Watching? I would say yes and I would actually recommend it. It may not be my favorite Star Wars cartoon but it's a good second.

No comments: