Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Review: Dracula The Un-Dead



Book: Dracula The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt

Source: Library

Rating: 1 1/2 stars

Review:

I wanted to like this book but it was rather disappointing. It started out good then started to turn into a rather bad soap opera. I was disappointed by the way Dracula was portrayed as a hero instead of a monster. I also couldn't find one character to be likeable or interesting. There was a second vampire in this story, Countess Elizabeth Bathory who wasn't just a monster but also a notorious killer better known as Jack the Ripper. Even Bram Stoker himself was included in this story but he was also very unlikeable, he was portrayed as nothing more than a plagiarist, who wrote the story to try to gain some form of success.

This was a very fast paced book but the story didn't hold up, I started to get bored and couldn't wait to finish this. I like historical fiction but this was over flowing with it, there were too many names and characters that were introduced, that added nothing to this story.

There is nothing about this book that really reflects the original story, and shouldn't be called a sequel. I really thought this book was going to be good but it just fell flat. I'm so glad I check this out from the library, I have saved myself money from not buying this book and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars book. This was even worst than The Clone Wars book.

No comments: