Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Book Review: Vanity, Vengeance and A Weekend in Vegas


Book: Vanity, Vengeance and A Weekend in Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery book #6) by Kyra Davis

Rating: 2 1/2 stars

My Review:

I thought this book started out really interesting but I was a little disappointed with the way the rest of the story progressed while in Las Vegas. The mystery felt weak and haphazard, it actually didn't seem like there actually was a mystery. Sophie seemed even more reckless than she was shown in the other books in the series. She was taking a lot of stupid risks not only with her own life but with her friends lives as well. Her friends Marcus, Mary Anne and Dena and her sister Leah were an interesting supporting cast but their scenes were mostly over shadowed by Sophie's out of character antics. I felt like the author forgot the strong smart interesting character she created, because Sophie just seem so blah.

I wavered between giving this book either 2 1/2 or 3 stars, because I found this book to be good just not as good as the other books in the series. As you can see I ended up giving this 2 1/2 stars even though this fast paced book was full of excitement I found the mystery weak and Sophie a tad annoying. There was also a lot of crazy over the top things happening that should have been fun to read but just didn't seem to translate well. Also, Sophie came across looking more like an idiot than she should have. I still think the writing was good but just felt like something was missing.

I was sorry to give this book such a low rating because I had been so excited to read this.

No comments: