Monday, September 16, 2013

Book Review: The Lost Symbol


Book: The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon book #3) by Dan Brown

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

These Robert Langdon books always have a way of making me feel like I should go do a little research because of the way they're written. History blended in with fiction in a fast paced story. I found this to be quite a fun read, very suspenseful with an intriguing story.

This fast paced book, had Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon trying to keep a mad man from acquiring the secret of the lost symbol, long believed held by the Freemasons. I enjoyed this, it was one adventure after the next.

There were probably only a few things that I didn't really enjoy such as there were a few scenes that felt too long such as in the scenes with Robert Langdon, Capitol police chief Trent Anderson and Office of Security Director Inoue Sato were going through the lower levels of the Capitol building. I think that scene could have been shorten. Also, there were times where a few things were being overly explained as well as some backstories that could have been left out to keep the pacing of the book flowing.

Now, I'm looking forward to reading Inferno (Robert Langdon book #4). 

No comments: