Friday, October 25, 2013

Book 10 Review for my Library Read-a-thon: The Star Wars Trilogy


Book: The Star Wars Trilogy (Episodes IV, V & VI) by George Lucas, Donald F. Glut and James Kahn

Rating: 5 stars

Review:

Reading this was like watching the movies but with additional scenes. This was awesome!! The book included the first three original stories of the Star Wars saga: A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

I loved reading this book because these stories were a fun and quick read. I enjoyed going on Luke Skywalker's journey from farm boy to hero, Princess Leia Organa's dignified yet fierce fight for freedom, Han Solo's change from a selfish scoundrel to being a member of the team and Lando Calrissian went from being another scoundrel to becoming a respected member of the rebels. Not to mention Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2 and the Ewoks as key members of the team.

I thought this was simply amazing. These action packed stories had me rooting for them as they battled the Empire. Although there were a few differences from the stories to the movies, they were minor such as Yoda being described as blue. But something I found interesting was the version of A New Hope I was reading, was the original story published in 1977 which was an earlier version of the script and was written by George Lucas. The other two stories were written each by Mr. Glut and Mr. Kahn based on stories by Mr. Lucas.

This is a pretty good collection of stories. I enjoyed it so much that I would like to buy a copy of this for my own library. I could see re-reading these stories again in the near future.

No comments: