Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review: Damian: Son of Batman #4

Damian Son Of Batman #4 (of 4)


Book: Damian: Son of Batman #4 (of 4) written and illustrated by Andy Kubert with color by Brad Anderson

Rating: 4 1/2 stars

Review:

In this action packed finale issue, Damian had to go up against a Joker wannabe and his goons to save his father. It was truly a test to his resolve to not go back to his natural fighting instincts because he didn't want to be a killer.

Something much worse happened when the Joker wannabe abducted Bruce, it brought the return of the real Joker who decided to finish what Damian didn't do.

I like how the ending was left open, sort of in case this miniseries did so well that it might lead to an ongoing series. Which I would actually be willing to read. I liked how Damian was wrestling with trying to figure out the best way to be his own Batman as well as trying to better himself.

As much as I like this, I didn't get the answer to my question from the third issue of who the Father was in the church. Maybe if this will get turned into a series, perhaps I'll get my answer.

Overall, I enjoyed this mini. It had a lot of layers to it which I liked. Too bad this isn't a series because I really like this Elsewhere world.

No comments: