Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Review: The 7th Woman


Book: The 7th Woman (Paris Homicide book #1) by Frederique Molay with translations by Anne Trager

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

There's no rest for Paris's top criminal investigation division, La Crim'. Who is preying on women in the French capital? How can he kill again and again without leaving any clues? A serial killer is taking pleasure in a macabre ritual that leaves the police on tenterhooks. Chief of Police Nico Sirsky--a super cop with a modern-day real life, including an ex-wife, a teenage son and a budding love story--races against the clock to solve the murders as they get closer and closer to his inner circle. Will he resist the pressure? The story goes behind the scenes with the French police and into the coroner's office, with the suspense of Seven, with CSI-like details. Winner of France's most prestigious crime fiction award; named Best Crime Fiction Novel of the Year; and already an international bestseller with over 150,000 copies sold.


Rating: 1 star (Did Not Finish)

Review:

For some reason I could not connect with this story. Right at the beginning, I found the writing to be too stilted and boring. And as I read through the story (up until I called it quits) I was not enjoying this. I noticed the reviews on both Goodreads and NetGalley were very good, I guess this just wasn't for me.

The story centers on a serial killer who is going after women and it's up to Chief of Police Nico Sirsky and the rest of the police to find the killer before more victims are found.

Everything felt forced and made it hard for me to sit back and enjoy the story. There was no real character development or anything that would make me care about who they are or what's going to happen to them.

No comments: