Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Book Review for Library Read-a-thon book #9: A Geek in Japan


Book: A Geek in Japan by Hector Garcia

Source: Library

Rating: 1 star

Review:

This is another book that was based on a blog with the same name.

I found this to be really boring. It felt like I was reading a history book with bland writing. A majority of the book focused on the history of Japan then turns into a guide book about the country. The "geeky" stuff was barely mentioned.

I was disappointed in this because I thought this was going to be a book that talked about the geek culture that has emerged from Japan. There was also quite a lot of generalization from the author throughout the book.

I did enjoy seeing all the pictures that were throughout the book but I felt like I would have been better off just searching online and reading general information that way instead of reading this. Because most of this just feels like internet research instead of feeling like a first hand account from someone who was living there.

No comments: