Saturday, August 23, 2014

Book Review: The Education of a Woman: The Life of Gloria Steinem


Book: The Education of a Woman: The Life of Gloria Steinem by Carolyn G. Heilbrun

Source: Library

Rating: 5 stars

Review:

Reading this was like reading an edited version of Gloria Steinem: Her Passions, Politics and Mystique by Sydney L. Stern. Although, Stern's book was good it didn't seen to capture the spirit of who Gloria Steinem is and it contained too many unimportant details that clogged up the book.

In The Education of a Woman the reader got a more concise yet still informative look into the life of the legendary activist. Many of the same points were detailed in both books but I found this one to be more personal and engaging.

Since I could see myself wanting to read this again, I immediately added this to my wishlist.

No comments: