Saturday, May 23, 2015

Book Review: Moriarty


Book: Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes by Anthony Horowitz book #2) by Anthony Horowitz

Source: Library

Rating: 1 star (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I have one word to describe this book: Tedious.

I could not finish reading this, I like reading about the world of Sherlock Holmes and generally the stories are good. Although, I could barely get through the long winded writing in the first few pages I continued reading. The story had started to become interesting but that didn't last too long because it was soon back to being really dry and boring.

Moriarty is told in first person by Frederick Chase a senior investigator with Pinkerton Detective Agency in New York who first starts talking about Holmes' "death" at the Reichenback Falls until he gets to the reason for the story. He had traveled to Switzerland to find out about a connection to Professor Moriarty to a underworld criminal. He was joined by Scotland Yard detective Athelney Jones as they try to track down the criminals.

This was a very slow moving boring story and it failed to capture my attention.

No comments: