Thursday, December 31, 2015

Book Review: C.O.W.L. vol #2


Book: C.O.W.L volume #2: The Greater Good by Kyle Higgins and Alec Sigel with illustration by Rod Reis

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

With super villain threats a problem of the past, a strike on his hands, and scandal on the horizon, Geoffrey Warner has taken drastic steps to breathe life back into the Chicago Organized Workers League. But how far will his false-flag operation reach? Is there any line he won't cross for "the greater good?"


Rating: 1 star (Did Not Finish)

Review:

I hate to think this is the last book review that I will be posting for 2015 especially since the book wasn't very good.

I tried giving this series a second chance by reading volume #2 but it was worse than the first one. This is by far one of the most boring comics I've read in a long time. The art is one of the best things about this with the writing and story continuing to be dull, dry and slow moving.   

At this point, I no longer care about the superhero strike or any of the other things going on in this book. The introduction states that this is the finale group of issues for this series and I can't say that I will miss it.

I guess, this just wasn't a series for me.

No comments: