Friday, April 1, 2016

Book Review: Norah issue #1


Book: Norah issue #1 by Kasey Pierce with illustrations and letters by Sean Seal and cover art by Jason Westlake

Edition: Single print issue

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Review:

In this first issue, the reader is introduced to Norah Siezhelm in an interesting way. She was in the process of trying to bring a little girl name Anna out of a coma. With Anna slipping away it was going to require a bit of trust on Anna's part for Norah to be able to help her.

Norah has this unique ability but it wasn't until near the end of this issue that you get a sense of how she acquired it. You could say it was an experiment gone terribly wrong that now allows her to make a rather lucrative living being hired to help comatose patients.

This was an interesting first issue and the ending left me wanting to know more about both Norah and that experiment which had a disastrous result for someone very close to her.

I like the artwork, it had a dreamlike quality to it. However, there was only one page I didn't think the art was the best. On page 17, Norah's image seemed stretched as if she was being seen through a funhouse mirror.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed reading this, I'm going to have to add this to my comic book pull list because I'm would like to read the next issue.

No comments: