Monday, October 22, 2012

Art of the Day: Catwoman


Artwork: Catwoman by Alex Ross

What I like about Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman is she loves what she does. And in this picture by Alex Ross, it's clearly shown on her face.

I think that's one of the problems I had with the Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises movie, she didn't seem to be enjoying any of the things she was doing. She seemed as bored as I was watching the movie. There was no life in that character at least as far as I could see.

Now the Catwoman in the Batman Returns movie truly enjoyed what she was doing. Although she was a little crazy (I guess that can happen when you fall out a high rise building) she seemed to be alive and enjoyed everything she did. Even the character Patience Philips/Catwoman from the Catwoman movie also seemed to really enjoy prowling the night so to speak.

Too bad The Dark Knight Rises left out what makes Selina so much fun as a character, because that Catwoman would have been great.

No comments: