Thursday, March 7, 2013

DC Comics Has Hit A New Low With Teen Titans #17


I am truly disgusted with Teen Titans #17 and with the series in general. Issue #17, I feel has hit an all time low. It's bad enough that the writing and artwork are atrocious, now they want to signify Tim going bad by using rape as a plot device. Why?

A great article that details all the problems with this issue is: "Teen Titans #17: Scott Lobdell Should Just Stop Writing" by natureboymje for International House of Geek is spot on with how I feel.

I am so disappointed with this series that issue #20 will be my last. If and when Teen Titans improves then I will return to buying but I refuse to continue giving DC Comics anymore money for this horrible series.

Starting this weekend, I'm going to pick up the new Marvel's Young Avengers. The Teen Titans used to be one of my favorite series pre-reboot and now it's my least favorite. This is no longer the series that I loved and stepping away from it will be the best thing to do. It's like breaking up with a friend that's become a frienemy.

I do hope the series will get better in the future.

No comments: