Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Comic Book Wednesday: Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Supergirl, Batman Beyond Unlimited and Captain Marvel










These five issues come out today and I'm going to try to pick them up this weekend. There are other books on my pull list that are released today but these are ones I'm most excited to read.

First off the bat, I like the new change to Nightwing's suit I just wish they would change the color back to blue. There is way too much red in the new 52 and returning Nightwing back to blue would make him stand apart from the rest.

Despite the horrible cover art for Supergirl I still would like to read this. But why does she look so scary skinny on the cover?

With Birds of Prey I'm sure Starling is probably under some kind of mind control. That series doesn't have enough interesting characters to turn one of the good guys bad permanently.

I really enjoy reading all the different stories in the Batman Beyond Unlimited books. From Superman, the Justice League to Batman (Terry McGinnis)  this book has not disappointed me at all.

Captain Marvel has also been a really good series (I'll have to remember to include my reviews). Issue #12 is supposed to be the set up for a huge Captain Marvel/Avengers event. I only hope I won't have to buy a lot of additional books for this event.

So, I guess my excitement will just have to wait until the weekend.

No comments: