Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Summary: April 14th


I'm getting near the end of Frodo's adventure in The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I should have my review up, any day now.

This week I went to the comic book store and picked up a quite a few books including Batgirl #19 (Gail Simone's return to the book) and Batman Li'l Gotham #1 but I forgot to pick up an issue of Marvel's Young Avengers. The next time I go I will have to make sure I add Young Avengers to my pull list so I won't miss an issue.

I also dropped a few titles: Red Hood and the Outlaws and Suicide Squad. I've decided to only buy Batwoman, Green Lantern Corps and New Generation in the trades. For one thing it will save me extra space, with having to store comic books.

This Thursday is the 75th anniversary of Action Comics issue #1 but DC Comics has decided that Lois Lane is not worthy of being included. Despite the fact that she was one of the only two characters mainly featured in that issue. So on Thursday I'm going to put up a few posts to celebrate the 75th anniversary for both Clark Kent and Lois Lane. I think they both should be celebrated not just one.

On Monday night a special documentary "Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheriones." will air on Independent Lens on PBS. I'll have a post up for tomorrow. This seems like it will be quite interesting. I'm really looking forward to watching this.


Well, I'm off to enjoy this slightly rainy day. I hope everyone has a great day.

~

Book Girl






No comments: