Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Comic Book Wednesday: 12 Books on my Reading List: Young Avengers, Batman, Spider-Man and More

I have a slightly shorter list this time. There are a few books I didn't include on my list like Justice League and Superman even though they are on my pull list. I'm really starting to get tired of that fauxmance between Superman and Wonder Woman in Justice League and even more when it's shown in the Superman book. Why is Wonder Woman still in the Superman book? Ugh.

I will have to see when I go to the comic book store if I'll buy them or not. It's just that horrible relationship is taking away from the stories.

There is a series I do want to start reading, The Scarlet Spider (maybe I'll see if I can find the first few issues at the comic book store or buy it in the trade edition). Anyway, on to my list:




Book: The Fearless Defenders #4AU

Description:

In a world where some villains became heroes instead Warrior Woman teams up with…Caroline LeFay?  The connection between the Fearless Defenders greatest foe and Morgan LeFay is finally revealed! (And it’s true in our world too!)
----

I am really loving this series. Whenever I read an issue, I feel like this is how the new 52 Birds of Prey should be. The best Birds of Prey books were before the reboot and The Fearless Defenders is quickly reaching that quality, well at least to me.




Book: Batman: Li'l Gotham #2

Description:

In the second issue of the new, digital-first series, the search for a missing holiday choir leads Batman and Nightwing into a confrontation with Mr. Freeze! But in this heartfelt Christmas tale, the frozen fiend’s motives aren’t as nefarious as they seem…

And on a festive New Year’s Eve, Catwoman thinks she’ll be spending a quiet night at home, contemplating her New Year’s resolutions—until Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn show up, that is!
----

This is such an adorable little series, plus Damian Wayne is still alive here. I can't wait to read this not only is it a holiday book but we also get the Gotham City Sirens A.K.A Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.




Book: Ultimate Spider-Man #14

Description:

SPIDER-MAN VS. HULK VS. ZZZAX! The hit DisneyXD TV Show bursts off the screen and into your hands with this screen capture adaptation from Ultimate Spider-Man season 1!
----

From the cover I can see that this is the episode where Spider-Man and White Tiger battle the Taskmaster but the description is saying something different. Who knows.


Book: The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #20

Description:

Overwhelmed and beaten by a crew of Super-Villains, Ronnie and Jason are about to find out how bad things can get when Firestorm is labeled a living weapon of mass destruction and slated for dissection!
----

Well, folks this is the last issue. I still don't understand DC Comics decision to drop so many good books especially when horribly written books like Teen Titans is still being published.




Book: The Superior Spider-Man #10

Description:

A perfect jumping on point as The Green Goblin returns…and Spider-Man is nowhere to be found!
----

I just had a feeling Doc Ock would be the winner in last month's issue. I'm hoping they hurry up and end Doc's reign as Spider-Man, I want Peter Park back as the one and only Spider-Man. To me Peter Parker is Spider-Man and nothing will make me see Doc Ock as a hero and certainly not as "Spider-Man".




Book: Batman: The Dark Knight #20

Description:

It’s the penultimate chapter of the definitive Mad Hatter story—and not everyone makes it out alive!
---
I love this Batman series, that Mad Hatter is crazy.




Book: Justice League Dark #20

Description:

The Flash and Swamp Thing guest-star as the team struggles to recover the stolen House of Mystery from Dr. Destiny!
----

Justice League Dark is so much better than the main JL book. I'm happy to see Swamp Thing appearing in this issue. Can't wait to read this.




Book: The Green Team #1

Description:

INVENTORS! EXPLORERS! ADVENTURERS! Do you need money to finance an important project? Then you should set up a meeting with THE GREEN TEAM!
 
• Nature of world-changing idea: _____
 
• Amount requested: _____
 
• Does your project have the potential to:
 
Fracture space-time? __
 
Replace the combustion engine? __
 
Attract extraterrestrial attention? __
 
Prove/disprove existence of deities? __
 
Piss off The Justice League? __
 
Render the human body obsolete? __
 
If any of the above are checked, please fill out liability release form GT2013-05. Send any 82 drawings, plans, models, or photos with request.
----

This is something new, seems like it will be a fun read. Looking forward to reading this.
 
 
 

Book: The Savage Hawkman #20

Description:

Hawkman vs. Blockbuster round two! Hawkman transforms his Nth metal armor into a new berserker mode! Blockbuster’s true identity is revealed! Plus, don’t miss an appearance by the new JLA!
---

This is the last issue for this series, not exactly sad to see it go. This wasn't the best of Hawkman that's for sure. But I will end out this series, hopefully it has a good ending.




Book: Aquaman #20

Description:

As the Scavenger compiles more Atlantean weaponry and artifacts, Aquaman enlists the aid of The Others to help find one missing relic in the Southwestern United States before his enemies can get to it. The issue also introduces a new member of the Others!
----

I've yet to be disappointed with this series. I'm glad fans are finally able to see how awesome Aquaman really is.




Book: Young Avengers #5

Description:

The book where when a character says “I did it half an hour ago” normally means doing “it” half an hour ago reaches its first epic conclusion. Why Did Loki Do It? No one kno... okay, we’ll tell you...Well, part of it. Miss America probably punches someone. She usually does.
----

Hopefully it's Loki, Miss America punches. He is such a pain.




Book: Batman Beyond Unlimited #16

Description:

In “Batman Beyond,” Terry squares off against the sinister Shriek, while Max uncovers the shocking truth about Undercloud. Plus: The Justice League continues the search for Kai-Ro, and you won’t believe who’s coming to the rescue in “Superman Beyond”!
-----
I wonder what Max finds out, can't wait to read this.

No comments: