Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Comic Book Wednesday: 14 Books on My To Read List

I don't know why I never thought to organize my Comic Book Wednesday post by companies.

I decided not to read the Trinity War crossover event, I'm really tired of superheroes fighting amongst themselves and decided not to read it. DC's planning on killing off a few more characters so I'll pass. I'm sure the aftermath will trickled down to all the other books.

I also decided to stop reading Superior Spider-Man, I'll go back to it when Peter Parker returns. I gave the book a good chance but I still miss reading about Peter Parker as Spider-Man and I really can't stand Doc Ock pretending to be Peter and Spider-Man.


Marvel Comics


Book: Young Avengers #8

Description:

The Young Avengers desperately race across the multiverse. Nothing can stop their pursuit of their missing friend. Except the urge to stop and take photos, obv. Lots of cleverly hidden exposition. Kieron decides it's time to make all the JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY readers scream.



Book: Hawkeye Annual #1

Description:

Go west, young lady! Kate Bishop heads to Los Angeles -- to get away from New York, life, and Clint Barton? but NOT trouble! But Madame Masque is hanging out at poolside with the rich and famous as well! Who is Kate Bishop? Find out alongside Kate Bishop herself as a wild new status quo comes to HAWKEYE.



Book: Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #16

Description:

A NEW SPIDER-MAN?!?When Peter Parker catches a cold a new Spider-Man dressed in black tries to replace him. Based on season one of the hit Disney XD TV show!

 

Book: Gambit #15

Description:

Gambit is once again the premier thief in the Marvel Universe. But when you're at the top, there's nowhere to go but down? and a rival thief is hot on his heels!


DC Comics


Book: Aquaman #22

No Description


Book: Batman: The Dark Knight #22

Description:

Picking up from recent issues of BATMAN, the origin of Clayface is revealed—and a new mystery is introduced!



Book: Catwoman #22

Description:

What lies beneath the streets of Gotham City? Catwoman is determined to find out, but Dr. Phosphorus stands in her way!
----

I'm trying my best to stay with this series but it's just not getting any better. Here's hoping this issue will be good.



Book: The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires #3

Description:

The richest teens in the world are dealing with some serious buyers’ remorse when the Commodore’s battle armor causes him tons of trouble! And not even a trillionaire can afford the trouble that the Commodore’s new hired muscle, Deathstroke, brings with him!
----

I'm really enjoying this series. I hope it doesn't get canceled because it's really fun.



Book: The Flash #22

Description:

History is made when The Flash comes face to face with Reverse Flash for the first time!


Image Comics


Book: Lazarus #2

Description:

“FAMILY,” Part Two - The Carlyle Family has been attacked by their enemies to the south, and Forever’s father suspects a conspiracy amongst his children. To root it out, he sends Forever into the arms of the enemy, Family Morray.
----

The first issue was really good. I will have to post my review.



Book: Clone #9

Description:

Luke Taylor has a secret to share: WE’RE ALL CLONES.


IDW Comics


Book: Ghostbusters #6

Description:

A ghost ship roams the waters off Long Island, leaving fear -- and ice -- in its wake. The governor calls on the Ghostbusters to stop these spectral sailors and their maritime malevolence. . . but they'll have to do it without the aid of Egon Spengler, who is currently concerned with rescuing the stolen spirit of Janine Melnitz!        


Dynamite Entertainment


Book: Mark Waid's Green Hornet #4

Description:

Now that the Green Hornet is out of control, only one man stands a chance of bringing him down--his partner, Kato! What's the voice that Britt Reid is hearing--and is he alone in hearing it?


Archie Comics


Book: Betty and Veronica Double Digest #214

Description:

Betty and Veronica are planning a trip to Paris when Hedda and Kirsten, two Norwegian exchange students visiting Riverdale, invite them to visit Norway! Can the mountainous landscapes measure up to the shopping and romance of France? For Veronica, it's incomparable - but maybe Archie and Jughead going in their places will change her mind! See what kinds of foreign adventures ensue in 'The Switch'!  
----
     
I'll pick this up the next time I go to the grocery store. I love reading these books.

2 comments:

Kat Kennedy said...

Good list! I haven't gotten into Young Avengers yet but Amazing Spider-Man is always a favourite!

B-but... Aquaman?! Noooooo!

Have you tried Witchblade? I find myself strangely addicted despite protesting the female objectification.

Book Girl said...

I was surprised by how good the Aquaman series is. It's one of the best out the new 52.

I haven't read any of the Witchblade comics maybe I'll pick up an issue the next time I'm at the comic book store.