Friday, February 28, 2014

Movie Review: The Wolverine



Rating: 1 star

Marvel doesn't always make good movies and the Wolverine trilogy is a prime example of that. The Wolverine was really awful. I had the misfortune of watching this movie a few hours ago. Hey, it's a freezing cold day and I thought I would watch something really good. And to think, I thought the first movie was bad but the second one was even worse. It was so boring. I can't believe someone actually wrote that screenplay and then actually filmed it.

I know Mariko is one of Logan's love interest in the comics but in the movie there was no chemistry between the two characters and I was so tired of Mariko being abducted and being the damsel in the distress. It dragged the movie down. I was also tired of looking at all the scenes with Jean Grey, that was just so annoying. Why was Logan seeing her "spirit" more than Cyclops ever did?

This movie should not have been about Wolverine but about Yukio played by actress Rila Fukushima. She totally stole the movie which is not that hard to do with such a slow moving boring film.

I'm so glad I didn't see this in the movie theaters, because I would have really wanted my money back. Why was the best part of the movie the after credit scene with Professor Xavier and Magneto?

This movie was so disappointing. If they make a third movie they really need to make it exceptional because it's really pitiful that Wolverine has had two very mediocre movies. If the movie execs can continue to give Wolverine more movies why can't Yukio have her own movie.

Wolverine is one of the best (when he's not being overused) so it's hard to fathom why they can't seem to make a good movie for the character.

No comments: