Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weekend Read: California Holiday


I'm getting ready to head out the door to beauty salon and thought I would post the book I'm taking with me. And after three back to back horrible books I wanted something a bit more light and fun.

I bought this about a year ago from a library book sale.


Book: California Holiday or, How the World's Worst Summer Job Gave me a Great New Life (Beach book #2) by Kate Cann

Description:

Dear Mel,

Okay, it's not a dream job. The kid is alright, but her mom treats me like a personal slave/shopper/chef. And she's vile to the pet iguana who is now my only friend -- sad or what??

Maybe I'll run off to San Francisco -- maybe my next postcard will be from there!

Wish me luck!

xoxo,

Rowan


Rowan thinks spending her gap year in the USA will be the best thing she’s ever done. Her family’s driving her mad, and she desperately needs to get away from the relentless what-are-you-going-to-do-with-the-rest-of-your-life? parental pressure.

America, land of the free, here I come…

But after starting to work for psychotic Sha and her hot-housed kid in Seattle, Rowan feels more trapped than ever. Enough is enough. Taking Iggy the unloved iguana with her – he deserves some freedom, too – she hits the road. Suddenly, with only a rescued lizard for company and California in her sights, she’s sure escaping to America was the best thing to do after all…

No comments: