Wednesday, June 4, 2014

TV Round Up: Heroes of Cosplay episodes 7 and 8



I have a question for anyone who has been watching this series (whether you've watched from the first episode or just started watching). Okay, as for my question, why does it seem like the "simple" costumes get over looked with the awards usually going to the more outrageous ones. In last week's episode #7, that's exactly what seemed to happen.

I feel like just because a costume is "simple" doesn't mean it doesn't have details. Just look at Indra's She-Ra costume, it should have won an award. 



I thought Indra did a really good job with creating that costume but the judges didn't think so. As well as Jesse's Mega Man and Holly, Jessica and Chloe's Pokémon costumes were good too but they were also in the too "simple" category.








While in episode 8 the "simple" costume was more appreciated such as with the Rogue costume. I really like that one and it won an award. But I was really surprised that Jessica's Skekis costume didn't win anything. That costume was unbelievable. And even though it wasn't a "simple" costume at all, the details were just amazing.



Another costume I was surprised didn't win an award was Jesse's Mandarin costume that was based on the Iron Man 3 movie.



But two costumes that did win awards were Riki's Elizabeth (from Persona) which is adorable and cool and Indra's Ari (from League of Legions) which has a lot of detail in the costume just look at the sleeves.




Although Yaya was a judge this time, I thought her costume was really good. She was Baroness from G.I. Joe.

No comments: