Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Review for Library Read-a-thon book #4: Batman: Black and White vol #1


Book: Batman: Black and White volume #1 (issues #1-4) by various writers and artists

Source: Library

Edition: Trade

Rating: 2 stars

Review:

I have to say that a majority of these stories were mediocre and forgettable (which is not something you want in a Batman story regardless if it's a short story). There was a small group of stories that were really good but even they couldn't improve this. Some of the artwork was good but mostly it felt rushed and drawn haphazardly. And there was also one story and it's artwork I thought were really appalling because it was truly racist and I can't believe it even got passed the editor.

I had been wanting to buy this for a while but I'm glad I checked it out from the library because I certainly don't find it worth buying anymore.

No comments: