Saturday, December 27, 2014

Book Girl Thoughts: Saving Money and Borrowing Books

Happy Saturday,

I'm staying in today. Yesterday, the day after Christmas or as it's known as the dreaded day of returns and the day for deals had me interested in going out there for some reason. I have no idea why I had that notion but I did. So what did I find out there beside long lines, 5 DVDs. Yes, you read that right, 5 DVDs. Was it worth it? Yes and no. Yes, because I just wanted to get out and look around. No, because truthfully I could have waited until the weekend or some other day but hey they were on sale and who doesn't like saving a little money.

Saving money was still on my mind yesterday evening when I stopped by the comic book store to pick up my weekly books and boy I realized that I am spending too much money on comic books. My problem is there are just so many different books that I'm interested in reading. But I don't want to end up with a stack of comics with nothing to show for it. It always makes me think of that episode of Sex and the City when Carrie couldn't afford to buy her apartment because all her money was sitting in her closet in the form of expensive clothes and shoes. I'm going to figure out a plan to cut back on my comic book spending.

I'm going to backtrack a little bit to Christmas because it's book related. You guys know that I'm a book addict hence the book blog, so on Christmas after my family and extended family had exchanged gifts while over at my aunt's place, I couldn't help perusing her book shelves. I found this old book The Pink Ballet Slippers by Evelyn S. Dehkes, that I immediately asked to borrow. Thankfully, she said yes because I had already started reading the first few pages. She told me she found it at a book sale.


I'm not going to start reading it yet but I will soon. The pages I have read I really like. A part of me wonders if it would be okay to ask my aunt if I could have it. Of course, I would offer to pay her or to do a trade or something. I will let you know if I ask her and if I get an answer.

Well, that's it. I'm going to go enjoy the day relaxing and maybe watching a few Christmas movies on Hallmark or turn to the Harry Potter marathon on ABCfamily. I'm also going to watch the last two episodes that I missed of one of new favorite show The Librarians on TNT, I totally love that show (more in another post).

~ Book Girl

No comments: