Saturday, January 17, 2015

Book of Interest: Bon Appetempt: A Coming-of-Age Story (With Recipes!)


I didn't used to like reading nonfiction but my opinion has changed. Some of the ones that I've read have been interesting and engaging. There have only been a few that I thought were not very good.

But as I read the description for this it makes me want to read it. It seems really charming. I'm going to add it to my wish list.


Book: Bon Appetempt: A Coming-of-Age Story (With Recipes!) by Amelia Morris

Publication: February 3, 2015

Description:

When Amelia Morris found a beautiful chocolate cake in Bon Appétit and took the recipe home to recreate it for a Christmas day brunch she was hosting, it collapsed into a terrible (but delicious) mess that had to be served in an oversized bowl. It also paralleled the interesting and never-quite-predictable, situations she's gotten herself into throughout her life, from her one-day career as a six-year-old lady wrestler to her ill-fated job at the School of Rock in Los Angeles.

As she gets older, the kitchen is where she finds that even if some of her attempts fall short of the standard set by a food magazine, they can still bring satisfaction to her and her family and friends. Full of hilarious observations about food, family, unemployment, romance, and the excesses of modern L.A., and incorporating recipes as basic as Toasted Cheerios and as advanced as gâteau de crêpes, BON APPETEMPT is sure to resonate with anyone who has tried and failed, and been all the better for it.

No comments: