Friday, June 5, 2015

TV Round Up: Best Things I Like About Arrow (so far) from the First Season


I'm still a newbie in regards to Arrow, but so far I'm enjoying season one but that's only because of Dinah Laurel Lance and Oliver Queen. They are the best things about this show. Even though some of the episodes may be a little slow moving at times it's Laurel and Oliver's scenes (separately and together) that make the show. As far as the characters go, these two are definitely my favorite.

I like Laurel, she's smart, tough and focused on doing the best she can with her job as a lawyer. I do like that she doesn't feel bad about telling off Oliver because he so deserved it. While for Oliver when he came back from the island a changed person it surprisingly made him a more caring person wanting to make a difference. I think he's doing a great job as Green Arrow, I just wish the show's creators didn't feel the need to give him a support team, he was doing great on his own. Anyway, can't change that.

So far, my least favorite characters are Oliver's mother Moira, sister Thea (she's so whiny), stepfather Walter, best friend Tommy and friend/tech support Felicity (she's a more annoying version of Smallville's Chloe Sullivan). They each just feel like useless characters that didn't need to be on the show.

With John Diggle, I'm on the fence, he's not a bad character but he doesn't really have a purpose so far with the episodes I've watched. I still have more first season episodes to watch and my opinion may change.

It's taken me a while but I've finally become a fan of Arrow and I actually can't wait to watch more episodes to get caught up. I'm really looking forward to Laurel becoming the Black Canary (yeah, I know third season but still looking forward to it).

Is there anyone else who's new to watching Arrow? Or have never seen the show but want to?

No comments: