Friday, June 19, 2015

TV Round Up: iZombie episode #1


iZombie   Tuesdays  9:00 PM EST   The CW

I had thus far resisted watching iZombie that is until I recently watched the first episode, since the series is being repeated.

What inspired me to watch a show I had previously stated that I would pass on watching, well plain and simple I wanted to give the show a chance. Life is too short to pass on things just because they may seem as if they won't be good. I don't want to turn into one of those fans who refuses to watch something because it's nothing like the comic book. Which is weird since Smallville was not the traditional Superman story and yet I watched all ten seasons. I even watched the short lived and not so stellar Birds of Prey TV series which wasn't even remotely anything like the comic book. But yet I still watched it. Not to mention I love watching Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman series which like Smallville wasn't exactly the traditional Superman story.

So, what's the point of the above statement, well my point being, who would want to be one of those fans that won't give new shows a chance. Certainly not me. It doesn't mean they will turn into my all time favorite shows, heck they might even be awful. For instance, I'm not really enjoying watching the Daredevil series on Netflix it's just not working for me but I am giving it a chance.

By being so quick to dismiss something means that I'm taking away the opportunity to watch something new.

So, what did I think about the first episode of iZombie, well the TV series is a far cry from the comic book series (which by the way is great) but like The Carrie Diaries TV series (which I love), I see this show for what it is. Although, it still feels like I'm watching Veronica Mars sprinkled with a little bit of supernatural stuff it was at least interesting. I do wish the show creators hadn't decided to nix all the other supernatural beings that were in the comic book series such as ghosts, vampires, etc. Perhaps more will be included in the second season. 

The first episode introduced the viewer to Olivia "Liv" Moore who she prior to turning into a zombie was a medical student who was planning on getting married to her boyfriend Major. Now as a zombie, she works at the morgue and is doing her best to make sure no one knows what she is which also includes pushing her family away and breaking things off with Major. She also found herself helping a new police detective Clive Babineaux solve a murder while working her boss Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti at the morgue to possible find a cure to her situation.

This wasn't bad and the characters were likeable so I definitely will be watching the second episode.

1 comment:

PrincessFanGirl said...

I'm glad you started watching you're going to love it.