Thursday, July 16, 2015

Comics & Conversation



Yesterday, I went into the comic book store to pick up my comics and found out that Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman won't be out until next Wednesday.

Slight disappointment there since I love reading SCFWW, so with two less books in my pile, I walked around the store a bit to see if there was anything else I might want to read. Of course I found something, Red Sonja #1973, a one-shot special and Lando #1. After I made sure I had everything, I went to go pay for my comics and as I was waiting in line, I noticed something cute and red sitting on the counter. It was Funko: The Flash, the one based on the TV series.

Darn those marketers, those impulse purchase items really do catch your attention. As I about to add the little Flash to my comics pile, I somehow wound up getting into a conversation with the store owner and another customer about The Flash TV series, Arrow's Laurel and Felicity (if anyone was wondering I'm a Laurel fan and they were Felicity fans), Channing Tatum's bad acting and him being chosen to play Gambit and quite a few other things.

Our little discussion was so interesting that it wasn't until I was driving back home that I realized that I completely forgot to buy Flash. I hope it's still there the next time I go back to the store.

No comments: