Thursday, August 13, 2015

Currently Reading: The Great Wall of Lucy Wu


One thing I'm really enjoying about my break from buying books is that it's given me more time to get caught up on my reading instead of just making my to-read pile even larger. I spotted this sitting on my shelf and wanted to give it a read.


Book: The Great Wall of Lucy Wu by Wendy Wan-Long Shang

Description:

Lucy Wu is an aspiring basketball star and interior designer, and she is certain she's on the verge of having the best year of her life. She's ready to rule the school as a sixth grader, go out for captain of the sixth-grade basketball team, and take over the bedroom she had always shared with her sister.

But her plans are shattered when she learns that Yi Po, her grandmother's sister, is coming to visit--for a few months. And she'll be staying in Lucy's room! Lucy's vision of a perfect year quickly begins to crumble as her parents force her to attend Chinese School with the annoying know-it-all, Talent Chang, and she faces the snobby bully, Sloane Connors, who wants to scare Lucy off the sixth-grade basketball team. Lucy's year is ruined--or is it?

No comments: